Saturday, April 30, 2016

Final Exam Planning Warm-Up

1. When will you shoot this assignment?
Preferably, I would like to shoot my photos this weekend (April 30th), but the latest I would like to shoot my photos for the assignment would be next weekend.

2. Where will you shoot?
That depends, because I have three very different ideas for my shoot. Either I'll shoot the photos at my friends house, in front of my house in the garden, or at an observatory.

3. What will you be documenting or telling your story about?
My first two ideas were really simple. The first was to shoot photos of my friend painting, which is something that she does and enjoys a lot. I have a few ways to shoot the photos already in mind if I went with that.
The second idea was to photograph my mother gardening. Now that winter has passed and the warm weather is settling in, she's been working in the garden in the front of the house, and it's a long process that I could document.
My third idea would take a little bit more planning. My father is part of the Austin Astronomical Society and every few weekends they have a star party at the Observatory at Canyon of the Eagles. I wouldn't be able to take photos when the stars really set in, but the setting itself is nice. The only problems about this idea was timing - clear skies are not always guaranteed - and the fact that there's not much of a story for this idea. The benefits of this idea is that I could get a lot of nice photos and that I don't necessarily have to wait for the next star party because my father has private access to the observatory.

4. What equipment needs will you have to get this finished?
Preferably, I would like a tripod handy, but I can take photos without it just as well.

5. Describe the process.
I would like to use my video portions at the beginning when we're arriving and at the end when we're leaving. I would also like to include video image somewhere in the middle, though I don't know what of. The rest would be still images, and my narration would mostly be at the beginning and the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment